Something is wrong with the way people are living their lives:
- When the most common regret of dying people is that they didn’t live their lives being true to themselves, and instead did what others expected of them.
- When people suppress their feelings in order to keep peace with others and settle for a mediocre existence, never becoming the person they are capable of being.
- When fear of change causes people to pretend to others and to themselves that they are content, when deep within they long to laugh and have the silliness of childhood back in their lives.
- When a third (32%) of Americans admit that they regret many of the major life decisions they have made and wish they had taken more risks when making those decisions.
- When asked to design their ideal life, half (49%) of Americans respond that they would like to live a life unique to their own interests instead of following a traditional path.
- When people do not realize that happiness is a choice they can make by breaking free of the comfort of the familiar and the established.
Do not wait for the clarity of impending death before you realize that something is wrong in your own life when you can gain that clarity now, and live a life filled with happiness and personal satisfaction. Follow my blog at the existentialhumanism.com website and also sign up for your FREE pre-release copy of my upcoming book about how to live an authentic life.
For more information about some of the source material for this subject, click below:
Allianz Life commissioned a study which was released in May, 2016 called One-Third of Americans Regret Major Life Choices, But Many Embrace Newfound Opportunity to “Rechart” Course.
The Guardian posted a story in February, 2012 about the Top Five Regrets of The Dying.